Thursday, 6 June 2013

Trouble in Paradise

I do not think that Khadijah’s comments about her teacher where inappropriate because, saying that your teacher “lives at home with his mom, eats fish sticks for dinner, and all he talks about is Star Wars”, is really just a form of expressing how you feel about him, at that very moment. I think that that only thing that was wrong with her righting that was, that fact that she didn’t have her account locked. In my opinion, I think that that the suspension is a little too much, because they were just expressing how they feel, and that is basically what most teenagers use twitter for - to vent. However, I do understand why they would be suspended. I don’t think it was reasonable for the school board to extended such a punishment to some of them, but too the rest of them I think that –it was not the worst disciplinary they could get. I think that students should be allowed to share their opinion’s freely, especially on twitter because, that’s personally where I vent out all my issues and how my day went. I know that they didn’t mean to offend the teacher or for him to see it, but that’s what happens when you don’t set your privacy settings accordingly. I think it’s fine to post stuff like this on twitter because, to me twitter is a venting hotspot, and is just a quick place to vent out all your issues for a short period of time. As for the other sites like Facebook, I don’t even think that - that site should cross your mind because, from all the pervious history Facebook has had with things on your page not being your own, it just wouldn’t be a smart place to vent. So, if you did do something like that, I wouldn’t even be surprised if your teacher saw it.
Taken from Google images

No comments:

Post a Comment