Tuesday, 4 June 2013

Da Txting problems of the World

Taken from Google images
As a teenager, I don’t have a problem with people texting in social situations because, I do it all the time. However, I do think that it is way easier/ faster for you to call someone instead of waiting for a reply because, when you call someone, you can get the answer as soon as they answer the phone (which saves you the time you would have wasted waiting for a reply). I don’t really mind if my friends text while I talk to them, because I know that their still listening to me, they just had to reply to that text real quick. However, if I’m trying to make a new friend, or if I’m try to tell them something important, and they continue to text like I’m not there or I’m not important enough to get their attention then, I find that very rude and inconsiderate. But, that is why I don’t talk to people who think too highly of themselves.

If I had to come up with a list of five etiquette rules for texting, it would be:
  1. Use PROPER GRAMMAR.
  2. DO NOT spam anyone if they don’t reply As Soon As Possible.
  3. Don’t talk about emotional stuff, because we can’t express our selves through texts.
  4. DO NOT WRITE LONG TEXTS, CALL THE PERSON INSTEAD. Same thing goes for number 3.
  5. DO NOT text if you have something important to say and you have really bad GRAMMAR
Taken from Google images


If people could do this when they text, It would be a lot easier to understand and more efficient on both sides. But, if you really want a reply from the person ASAP, then just give them a call – trust me – its way faster than having to wait for a reply. 

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you, the made up rules of texting is and can be very useful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your rules for texting, and I completely agree with your opinions! Great post! c:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Remi, you tips are really helpful :) Texting is a useful tool for communications, but it is important to avoid getting addicted.

    ReplyDelete