Sunday, 2 June 2013
How safe is your Social Networking accounts?
I am a member of a social networking website. It is a good way to connect with friends and stay in touch with friends and relatives that are not living in the same country or area as me. I always check my privacy settings whenever I sign up for a social networking account, because my dad doesn't allow me to have an account without doing all of the security checks. Only my friends can see what I do and what I put out there on the internet. The information I allow others to see on my profile or page, are my pictures and statuses. I always think about who can see what I’m doing on the internet because, that’s the number one way people can stalk you and or get your information. Nothing is safe to post on social networks because even if you post something like a picture of you and your friends, people can still track you down and start to trail your every move. Something ‘s that you should keep to yourself and not allow other to see are your bank account information, where you live, where you work, what school you go too, how old you are, your number, your real name (etc.). You can become a more responsible user of your social networking website by going into the settings of the social networking site and looking at what privacy options they have their for you. If they don't have any security settings, than you shouldn't be on that site. This is important because you never know who is out there and watching whatever you do. I've watched way to many criminal minds episodes to know- not to put a privacy setting on all of my social networking accounts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That is so true @Remiee was like...
ReplyDelete